- 5+ years of Amazon AWS or MS Azure highly available infrastructure system deliveries and operations.
- 10+ years in increasing leadership roles for highly available virtualized environments, Infrastructure Systems Administration teams and or IT Operations.
- 10+ years of project management and consulting experience.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The salary range for this position is between $110,136 and $188,131, reflecting our commitment to rewarding expertise and performance.
As a Supervisory DEVOPS Reliability Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in leading and transforming our Infrastructure and Business Systems Administration and Mission IT System teams to align with modern DEVOPS Engineering and IT Operations practices.
- Responsible for overseeing and transitioning personnel and compute capacity to the appropriate hosting venues while ensuring seamless continuity of operations.
- Providing senior level leadership to the current Infrastructure and Business Systems Administration and Mission IT System team and transition the workforce to the DEVOPS Engineering and IT Operations models in alignment with our client cloud computing initiatives.
- Collaborating with the Program Manager and leading large-scale system design and troubleshooting, provide team leadership, and direct the teams as needed to align with customer initiatives.
- Assist with workforce management and development, assist and consult with other clients as needed, manage staffing against workload and technology requirements, assist in the decision-making process for target hosting venues, ensure highly reliable system deliverables, and be experienced in systems programming and automation.
- Familiarity with running production environments at scale along with an in-depth understanding of highly available infrastructure in Amazon AWS, MS Azure, and VMware system internals, networking, and cybersecurity.
- Retain, supervise, and manage high end technical talent.
- Manage customer relationships, requirements, tasks, and deliverables.
- Proactively solve highly complex problems relating to people, mission critical services and implement solutions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Contributing to the creation of new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in services capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
Certifications / Other
additional required knowledge and skills
- Exceptional supervisory skills and experience.
- Excellent customer care skills and experience.
- Experience in one or more programming languages: C++, Python, PHP.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell to networking and cybersecurity, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Understanding of data markup languages: JSON, YAML, XML.
- Networking experience: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, OSI layers, DNS, and load balancing.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed cloud systems.
- Knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work).
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complex analysis.
- Understands relational databases, database modeling, able to write SQL queries.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Understands a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment model and is able to architect the workflow.
- Familiarity with TLS and Open SSL, including both certificate trusts and ciphers.
- Familiarity with the latest open-source containerization, networking, and database technologies.
- Knowledge of a configuration management system: Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef.
- Self-motivated, exhibit a strong work ethic and ownership, and possess excellent written and verbal skills, time management, organizational skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.