4+ years of experience
Bachelor of Science
As a Network Engineer, you will be at the forefront of planning, designing, and implementing network engineering plans for wide-scale networks, ensuring seamless connectivity and optimal performance. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of technical and strategic tasks.
- Planning, designing, developing, and implementing network engineering plans and wide-scale networks for customers.
- Providing technical support throughout customer interaction situations, including receipt of specifications, design, testing, and response to service requests.
- Conducting network systems engineering, including performance analysis, maintainability analysis, capacity analysis, and reliability analysis.
- Establishing contingency plans and anomaly resolution plans for intricate computer networks.
- Debugging and testing networks, plans projects, and performs needs assessments.
- Preparing and overseeing cost/benefit estimates, presentations, negotiations, installation, problem resolution, and multi-vendor product integration.
- May provide initial implementation support of networks to ensure proper execution and resolving system failures or degradations.
- Forecasting network needs and working with other information systems areas to develop policies and procedures to resolve the most complex and unique technical problems.
- Responsible for the implementation of networks; ensures that project timelines and budgets are met.
- Works with users to define system requirements and to resolve complex problems.
certifications / other
Current Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification
additional required knowledge and skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Broad knowledge in one or more related fields of the following areas: installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting LANs, WANS, and networking technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in network and communications engineering.
- Overall knowledge of LANs and telecommunication interfaces; with a knowledge of network switch and routing protocols; familiarity of network services applications.
- Ability to perform problem identification, reporting and resolution of tasks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in Virtual Private Networks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standard in Wi-Fi infrastructure and technologies.
- Experience with network firewall technologies and security appliances.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.