3 or more years of experience is required.
A bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related field.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The salary range for this position is between $64,616 and $110,376, reflecting our commitment to rewarding expertise and performance.
As a Network Configuration Management Analyst, you will be at the forefront of maintaining and overseeing our Configuration Management System (CMS) database, ensuring that it contains accurate and reliable data. Your responsibilities will encompass a diverse range of technical and operational tasks.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Configuration Management System database and ensuring the data that it contains is accurate.
- Monitoring network change activities to ensure configuration management policies are being followed, audits configuration data to ensure the data in the Configuration Management System accurately represents the state of the network and generates configuration management reports.
- Have knowledge of computer network configurations as implemented at JPL, configuration management procedures and JPL Network configuration management policies.
- Have knowledge of using the Configuration Management System to record changes to the network, to audit various network components and repot generation.
- Be skilled at using the Cable Management System which is used to manage the configuration management data and must be skilled using various software packages used to create network diagrams.
Certifications / Other
ITIL Certification and any other relevant certifications or training in configuration management could be preferred or considered a plus.
additional required knowledge and skills
- Basic to general knowledge in one or more related fields of the following areas is required: LANs, WANS, and networking technologies.
- ITIL Certification desired.
- Strong technical proficiency in configuration management principles, procedures, and tools, with a focus on maintaining accurate and reliable data within a Configuration Management System (CMS) database.
- Ability to monitor network change activities, audit configuration data, and generate configuration management reports to ensure the accuracy of the Configuration Management System.
- Proficiency in using the Configuration Management System to record changes to the network, audit network components, and create network diagrams using various software packages.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and address discrepancies, inconsistencies, and inaccuracies in configuration data.
- Previous experience in configuration management, network administration, or a related role with hands-on experience in maintaining configuration databases and ensuring accurate configuration data.
- Relevant certifications that demonstrate knowledge of IT service management principles.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools and systems used to manage network configuration data and changes.
- Experience generating configuration management reports and utilizing reporting tools to provide insights into network configuration status.
- Excellent attention to detail when analyzing, recording, and maintaining configuration data to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for collaborating with cross-functional teams, documenting configuration changes, and explaining configuration management concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.