1 or more years of experience is required. Proven experience in supporting new cable installations, coordinating installation activities with Facilities and external contractors, and conducting repair activities for network cable plant.
High school diploma or equivalent. Vocational training is preferred.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The salary range for this position is between $27,792 and $47,474, reflecting our commitment to rewarding expertise and performance.
As a Network and Telecommunications Cabling Technician, you will be at the forefront of maintaining and enhancing our network cable plant.
- Responsible for maintaining the JPL network cable plant, both copper based cabling and fiber optic-based cabling.
- Support new cable installations, coordinate installation activities with JPL Facilities and the company under contract to provide cable installation services and coordinates repair activities.
- Responsible for ensuring cable is installed according to JPL specifications, policies, and procedures and passes required quality assurance tests.
- Must have knowledge of Category 5, 6, 6E Unshielded Twisted Pair cable specifications and installation techniques and fiber optic cable specifications and installation techniques.
- Must have knowledge of cable problem diagnostic techniques and must be able to diagnose Category 5, 6, 6E UTP and fiber optic cable problems using the appropriate test equipment.
- Must have knowledge of facilities protocols as they relate to the installation of network cabling.
Certifications / Other
Technical certification in network cabling, telecommunications, or a related field is preferred.
additional required knowledge and skills
- Strong technical proficiency in network cabling, including both copper-based (e.g., Category 5, 6, 6E UTP) and fiber optic-based cabling.
- Ability to ensure that network cables are installed according to JPL specifications, policies, and procedures, and that they pass required quality assurance tests.
- Knowledge of Category 5, 6, 6E Unshielded Twisted Pair cable specifications, installation techniques, and fiber optic cable specifications and installation techniques.
- Proficiency in cable problem diagnostic techniques and the ability to diagnose issues with Category 5, 6, 6E UTP and fiber optic cables using appropriate test equipment.
- Familiarity with facilities protocols as they relate to the installation of network cabling, ensuring compliance with facility guidelines and safety procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for collaborating with Facilities, external contractors, and internal teams to coordinate installation and repair activities.
- Previous experience as a cabling technician, network technician, or in a related role with hands-on experience in maintaining and enhancing network cable plant.
- Relevant certifications specific to network cabling.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices for network cabling installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in using testing and diagnostic equipment specific to network cabling, including cable testers and fiber optic test equipment.
- Understanding of safety protocols and guidelines related to working with network cabling and within facilities.
- Ability to effectively coordinate installation activities with Facilities and external contractors, ensuring efficient and timely completion of cabling projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills to diagnose cable issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions.
- Proficiency in documenting cable installations, repairs, and testing results in accordance with established procedures.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.