3+ years of HPC system administration experience.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or related discipline (preferred).
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The salary range for this position is between $70,691 and $120,753, reflecting our commitment to rewarding expertise and performance.
The HPC System Administrator is responsible for the administration of on-Lab HPC systems, ensuring that services and security are maintained at the highest level. Has day to day responsibility for analyzing, recommending, maintaining and monitoring on-Lab HPC systems. This position will report to the HPC Operations Manager and take direction from the HPC architects and engineers.
- Serving as the primary system administrator for on-Lab HPC systems, overseeing their maintenance, security, and accessibility.
- Providing basic system administration services for legacy HPC systems, collaborating with JPL staff for assistance.
- Partnering with off-lab services’ system administrators to facilitate seamless user support and ensure access to software and environments.
- Sharing testing responsibilities with the HPC Lead Engineer to optimize system performance.
- Collaborates with off-lab services’ system administrators to assure appropriate software/environment builds accessible to our users.
- Maintains CM on our software and environments, including upgrades.
- Responsible for accessibility of the licensed COTS software (including CAE license servers).
- Managing on-lab system maintenance, monitoring, and alerting to maintain optimal performance.
- Providing support for the commissioning and transition of new systems and services into operations.
- Offering elementary customer engineering support to address user inquiries and challenges.
Certifications / Other
additional required knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of HPC architectures and methodologies.
- Ability to configure and update Linux operating system in conformance to JPL security requirements.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (I.e., python, perl, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with Splunk for automated log review, alerting, and data analytics.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several competing tasks at the same time.
- Detail oriented with the ability to document reporting requirements and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to write professional emails, letters, proposals, and training material.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.