5+ years of HPC customer support experience with a focus on scientific and engineering computing
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a science discipline.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The salary range for this position is between $83,115 and $141,975, reflecting our commitment to rewarding expertise and performance.
The HPC Customer Engineer is responsible for working with the customers to facilitate and improve their use of High-Performance Computing. Interact with customers to provide expertise on HPC system and programming methodologies. This position will report to the HPC Lead Engineer and take direction from the HPC CTM and mission engineers.
- Consults with customers to ensure they have access to the appropriate resources based on their job requirements.
- Collaborating with customers to optimize the HPC jobs, including algorithms.
- Partnering with off-lab HPC services staff (e.g., at TACC and SDSC) to provide JPL users with a full range of technical consultation when needed.
- Implementing and maintaining system/service automation to streamline operations and enhance user experience.
- Providing reports to management and stakeholders, including job/system/service metrics.
- Implementing standard environments on our on-lab systems to ensure consistency and reliability.
- Lead the commissioning and transition to operations of new systems and services.
- Shares testing responsibility with the System Administrator.
Certifications / Other
additional required knowledge and skills
- Proficient with scientific programming methodologies in HPV environments.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several competing tasks at the same time.
- Detail oriented with the ability to document reporting requirements and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to write professional emails, letters, proposals, and training material.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.