1 or more years of experience is required.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. A master’s degree could be preferred or considered a plus.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The salary range for this position is between $50,765 and $106,398, reflecting our commitment to rewarding expertise and performance.
As a Database Administrator, you’ll be an essential part of our team, ensuring the seamless operation and optimization of our database systems.
- Responsible for designing, configuring, implementing, and maintaining databases as well as establishing standards and guidelines relating to database management.
- Plans, designs/develops and manages database systems as required for software development and package implementations.
- Formulate and monitor standards to ensure database integrity and establish effective recovery processes.
- Develops and monitors procedures for data and database security access control.
- Take ownership of supporting, maintaining, monitoring and tuning performance of database systems to ensure optimal system efficiency and responsiveness.
- Collaborate with technical infrastructure and application development teams to contribute to system architecture specifications for database projects. Your insight will align these projects with Institute-wide technology standards, fostering innovation and excellence.
- Contributes to system architecture specifications for database projects, in alignment with Institute-wide technology standards.
Certifications / Other
additional required knowledge and skills
- Fully understand the application fundamentals and concepts such as applications architecture, applications file system and the applications database organization when responsible for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in database management systems, including experience with designing, configuring, implementing, and maintaining databases. Proficiency in working with database platforms such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, or similar.
- Proven experience in managing and administering databases, particularly in the context of software development and package implementations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to document database standards, guidelines, and procedures. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Relevant certifications in database administration or related areas, such as Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP), Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate, or similar credentials.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automating database tasks and processes.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.