A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional education, such as an associate degree or coursework in office administration, business, or a related field, could be advantageous.
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, including a range of benefits to support our employees’ well-being and professional growth.
The hourly rate for this position falls within the range of $31.80 to $39.02, offering competitive compensation to recognize and reward your skills and contributions.
As an Administrative Assistant, you’ll be at the heart of our department, performing a wide range of essential tasks to ensure our operations run seamlessly. Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute various office duties such as word-processing, photocopying, faxing, report generation, and filing. In addition, you may be involved in creating basic graphics for presentations and documents, adding a creative touch to our materials.
- Coordinates outgoing correspondence; may create original correspondence; addresses and mails documents; distributes incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
- Be the go-to person for scheduling meetings and off-site functions. You’ll handle the logistics, including reserving conference rooms, to ensure smooth interactions. Additionally, you’ll coordinate specific activities within our business unit or functional area.
- Performs basic onboarding and off boarding requests through JPL ID ensuring a seamless transition for new and departing team members.
- Keep the office well-equipped by ordering basic office and computer supplies as needed in order to ensure adequate supply.
- Proactively engage repair professionals to service office equipment as necessary, guaranteeing uninterrupted workflow.
- Answers incoming calls, directing them to the appropriate colleagues, and recording and delivering messages promptly. You’ll also handle routine inquiries.
- Manage personnel facility access, handling registrations for conferences and classes, and ensuring our team remains up-to-date and connected.
- May coordinate travel arrangements for employees; including ensuring accurate travel dates and completing the necessary forms. You’ll also reserve accommodations when needed to facilitate smooth travel experiences.
- You may also contribute by taking on other administrative duties that arise, showcasing your adaptability and willingness to support the team.
Certifications / Other
additional required knowledge and skills
- 1 or more years of experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with colleagues, external partners, and stakeholders, and to handle routine inquiries.
- Excellent attention to detail when performing tasks such as data entry, document creation, and coordinating logistics.
- Proficiency in using standard office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and email. Basic graphic design skills for creating presentations and documents are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently, handle administrative responsibilities, and coordinate tasks effectively.
- Strong customer service skills with a professional and courteous demeanor when answering phones, handling inquiries, and assisting colleagues.
- Previous experience in an administrative or office support role, particularly in a fast-paced or scientific/technical environment, could be beneficial.
- Familiarity with making travel arrangements, including booking accommodations and completing travel-related forms.
Veterans Highly Desired
Candidate must be US citizen (or be able to prove the right to work in the US for an extended period of time).
Must successfully pass a background check as a condition of employment; based on security clearance level required.
EEO statement: Concordant is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.